What are cookies?
Cookies on the internet are a little different than the tasty ones that you might pick up at the bakery. They are tiny text files that are stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. At festive-lights.com cookies are so valuable to us that in order to buy anything from our website you actually need to have certain cookies enabled or else you cannot proceed with the transaction.
Cookies that we use
There are 4 main categories of cookies that we use:
- Necessary cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the website and use features such as “Add to Basket”. The only way you can disable these is manually through your browser, but the website cannot function without them.
- Site analytics (functional) cookies – these cookies let us measure and analyse how our customers use the website, helping us to improve your shopping experience.
- Customer preference (functional) cookies – these cookies will remember certain preferences such as your preferred language or location, allowing us to improve your shopping experience and make it more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you are shown ads and allow us to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. Note: you won't receive any more adverts - it just means that the adverts you do see will be more relevant.
More information on each of these is listed below, and you can control them using the button.Manage Your Cookie Preferences
Enabling & disabling cookies completely
Cookies can be enabled and disabled in your website browser settings. This varies dependent upon the specific browser used, but we have provided brief instructions below. Please remember that disabling cookies will remove much of the functionality on this site, and you will not be able to purchase from the website (or most other transactional websites).
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
For Google Chrome:
- Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section, you can amend your cookie settings
Version 1.2. To the best of our knowledge, this page is accurate as of 08/06/2018.